Connecting to Mount Library full text journal articles from Google Scholar
Articles that require a subscription often appear in the Google Scholar results list. To see which of these are available from the Mount Library you must activate the Check Full Text @ MSVU link.
Note: If you have already activated the Check Full Text @ MSVU link but it does not appear next to some items, please view the help page on Troubleshooting Tips: Google Scholar
Click on Settings in the menu options at the top of the Google Scholar screen.
Note: Depending on your browser, and whether you are on the home page or the search results page, the location of the icons may be in a different location than shown here.
The Scholar Settings page appears.
- Click on Library links in the upper left side of the page. On some screens, this may appear at the top of the page.
The Library Links page appears.
- Search for MSVU.
- Select the box for Mount St Vincent University - Check Full Text @ MSVU
- Click on Save
Return to your search results
The Check Full Text @ MSVU link connects to the MSVU Library to see if the article is available. We do not always have the item, but if we do the following steps will lead you to the article.
- Click on Check Full Text @ MSVU
The Mount Library's Check Full Text screen appears
- Click on Full Text available via ...
- You may be prompted to login to the Mount Library.
- You will likely need to click on additional links to be taken to the full-text article. Depending on the journal, the link may be located in different places on the page. Look for the phrase 'Full Text' or an icon for PDF.
If you have difficulty accessing the article please contact email@example.com for assistance
This guide is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.